Selling A Home
Selling a house typically includes many of the following elements. For additional information, or to get started, please contact us.
- Determine your needs and priorities
- Review "agency" choices and select appropriate working relationship
- Discuss Marketing Plan
- Establish Pricing Strategy
Design and Implement Marketing Plan
- Complete home enhancement recommendations
- Carry out scheduled marketing activities
- Show the property to brokers and prospective buyers
- Communicate with you on a regular basis
- Monitor results of marketing activities
- Modify Marketing Plan and Pricing Strategy as necessary
Review Offer & Reach Agreement with Buyer
- Buyer's Real Estate Professional presents offer
- Discuss and clarify proposed terms and conditions
- Negotiation, possible counteroffers
- Reach final agreement
Complete Settlement Process (per purchase contract)
- Present your offer
- Deposit of buyer's earnest money
- Sign documents
- Title search; preliminary title report to buyer
- Removal of remaining contingencies
- Buyer's final walk-through of property
- Loan funding/balance of funds from buyer
- Arrange for homeowners insurance
- Recording of title
- Relocation of seller; possession of property of buyer
- Final walk-through of property with sales associate
- Help you find your next home, as needed
- Assist you with relocation, as needed
- Provide resources of other after-sale owner needs
When our marketing efforts bring a purchase offer I will:
Negotiate the agreement
- Explain the offer to you and answer your questions.
- Help you determine the best course of action by pointing out potential advantages and disadvantages of the offer and clarifying the choices available to you.
- Prepare an Estimate of Net Proceeds based on the proposed price and terms.
- Negotiate through the buyer's agent, and handle possible counteroffers, to reach a final agreement that is favorable to you.
Complete the transaction
- Explain to you in detail all the steps that will occur for a successful closing, and answer any questions you might have.
- Work with the buyer's broker, title company and others to help coordinate their activities and keep the transaction moving forward.
- Monitor progress of inspections, the buyer's loan and other contingencies as called for in the purchase contract. Resolve questions or problems that might arise, in order to ensure a timely closing.
- Assist you in handling details required for the completion of the transaction.
- Communicate with you on a regular basis so that you can stay informed and as worry-free as possible.
Follow up after the sale closes
- Confirm that all your real estate-related needs have been met, and provide information on service providers you may require.
- Offer relocation assistance, if moving to a new area.
Ready to sell your home?